Rashvee-International Phytosanitary Research & Services Pvt Ltd (R-IPRS) is an agri–startup that aims to give cutting-edge, climate resilient, and ecologically and economically viable plant protection technologies. It primarily focusses on marginal farmers with multi-crop systems, who constitute 80% of Indian agrarian system, thus with an expansive market presence in India, Africa and much of Asia. The first task at hand is to develop a ecologically and economically viable plant health products for fruits and vegetables. These will be safe to humans, bees and non-target organisms. R-IPRS is also developing herbal products using semio-chemical and olfaction behavior-based technologies. Our target insects are especially thrips, whiteflies, aphids, mites, etc.
Besides we offer Phytosanitary Service for Inspection of Consignments of Plants/ Plant Products & other Regulated Articles in Export and consultancy to farmers in GAP.
R-IPRS will publish journals & books related to plant protection, and other aspects of agriculture relevant to extension, farmers and students. We lend editorial and web management support to Insect Environment.
R-IPRS is founded by Dr. Rashmi MA a women entrepreneur & Entomologist from the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru working under the chairmanship of Dr. Abraham Verghese Former Director, ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources (NBAIR), Bengalore with about 40 years of vast experience and several patents in this field.
Our products are non-insecticidal and augur well with natural farming. R-IPRS has received funding under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India's Biotechnology Ignition Grant Scheme (BIG), from Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), Grant via SINE, IIT Mumbai.
We are incubated with BESST HORT under ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bengaluru
1. To publish Insect Environment and other journals, books related to plant protection, and other aspects of agriculture.
2. To undertake all aspects of Phytosanitary Service Provider for Inspection of consignments of Plants/ Plant Products & other Regulated Articles in Export.
3. To teach guidelines for export and import, advise the exporters about the requirements of importing country, any specific conditions for export, as per International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC), FAO and Directorate Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage (DPPQS) of India.
4. To offer consultancy to farmers in GAP, and residue free plant protection, climate resilience and encourage and facilitate exports.
5. To research in the field of plant protection and conduct pest risk analysis, surveillance of pest free areas and areas of low pest prevalence.
6. To facilitate disinfestation of consignment of plants, and plant products moving in international traffic, to meet phytosanitary requirements.
7. To train people in identification of major pests and diseases in plants/ plant products & other regulated articles in export.
8. Production of Bio-protectants etc., and marketing of agri related products to the farmers and institutions and general consumers.
9. Facilitation of organic products for crop protection to the farmers.
Founder and CEO
Management of fruit flies with rashvee fruit fly traps by Dr. Abraham Verghese
Erect blue sticky Tuta pheromone trap@20/acre to attract adults of Tuta, thrips, whiteflies
Integrated control of thrips complex in Chilli in English, Kannada and Telugu by Dr. Abraham Verghese and Dr. M.A Rashmi